The Fertility Endocrine / Reproductive Tool (FERT)
While most electronic medical record systems are bulky, difficult-to-use information receptacles, FERT was designed to (a) collect only relevant information, (b) use that information to assist in patient management, and most importantly, (c) systematize many daily clinic functions. Each facet of the clinic’s operation was analyzed to determine how software could enhance the quality of patient care and simplify mission critical processes. FERT’s effectiveness has been proven in successful deployment since 1997.
Redshift worked closely with NYUFC’s expert physicians to understand practice patterns, clinic operations, billing, scheduling and its entire paper-based chart system. To mitigate the need for training and change in internal processes, Redshift adapted and enhanced paper charts with expanded functionality and modern architecture to build its own, completely customizable yet licensed version of FERT.
As the evolution of the Internet and web browser proliferation continued, Redshift upgraded FERT from a client-server architecture to a completely web browser based system while still maintaining the speed and record locking capabilities previously unseen on this platform in this space. The system runs on tablets and even smart phones.
FERT’s strength is its flexibility. The system excels because of its ability to successfully manage the distinctive operations of each individual clinic. The feature-rich design of FERT enhances the quality of patient care and simplifies mission-critical processes.
Billing receives accurate, automated data transmissions regarding tests, inventory, encounters, and all relevant procedures. Internal and external labs receive test requests and results are automatically imported when ready. Ultrasound images and data are transmitted seamlessly. Data reporting work for SART is automated. Call lists ensure patients get timely, correct information from scripted “smart text.”
Redshift continues to upgrade and enhance FERT. Releases are almost weekly, new features and enhancements are always ready to keep pace with clinics who are always improving themselves: field modifications, new reports, completely new modules, and new integrations – FERT is maintained to be future-proof.
An enterprise scale, best-in-class electronic medical records system for infertility that includes the best embryology/andrology interfaces using superior technology.
- FERT allows for more efficient clinic operations. Physicians have easy access to patient records, while laboratory technicians as well as nurses no longer need to hand-transcribe lab results to paper, saving time and minimizing manual errors.
- The billing department receives accurate information directly into an external billing system.
- Research can be performed on all internal data to discover new treatment modalities and opportunities for efficiency gains in the lab.
- Greater than 99% uptime: the system is always on and available.
- Secure, consistent communication and data sharing between multiple departments.
Better outcomes, increased capacity, lower risk.
- Narrowing in on best options in multiple scenarios
- Remote access to charts and all patient and treatment data
- Reduced workload
- Fewer data errors
- Enhanced patient experience
Implement digital signatures on all consents and forms, patient portals with self-reporting and scheduling, clinic location and flow tracking to monitor patient flow in real-time.